COP 27 Events
GCHA is involved in the organization of several events throughout the two weeks.
Event times noted as Cairo: GMT +2
- 9 November – 16:35 -17:25, Youth Pavilion – The Health Argument for Climate Justice and Intergenerational Equity, led by GCHA’s Youth Climate and Health Network
- 10th Nov – 08:30am-09.30am, Food and Agriculture Pavilion – Put healthy diets and nutrition at the center of food system transformation, led by Health and Climate Network (HCN), a cross-sectoral network hosted by GCHA, with EAT Foundation, Global Alliance for the Future of Food, IFSMA, and Rockefeller Foundation. Registration for online access is here.
- 11th Nov – 14:00-15:15, WHO Pavilion – Fuelling Health Harms: The Human Costs of Fossil Fuels, led by GCHA. The event will live stream here.
- 12th Nov – 17:30-22:00, Sultan Gardens Resort Sharm El Sheikh – COP 27 Climate and Health Networking Reception in collaboration with University of Colorado School of Medicine Climate and Health Program, Global Consortium on Climate and Health Education, and the Climate and Health Foundation. Register here by 5th November.
- 15th Nov – 11:30-12:45, WHO Pavilion – Shaping COP27 around African climate and health priorities, led by the Health and Climate Network (HCN), a cross-sectoral network hosted by GCHA, with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The event will live stream here.
- 17th Nov – 18:30-20:00, Room Osiris – Building healthy and resilient communities in Africa to withstand the climate crisis in collaboration with Nurses Across the Borders, Solar Cookers International, and the World Medical Association.
- 18th Nov – 08:30 – 09:30, SDG Pavilion – A Just Energy Transition for a healthy fossil free world, led by Health and Climate Network (HCN) a cross sectoral network hosted by GCHA, with SLOCAT Partnership for Sustainable Transport and the International Institute for Sustainable Development. Registration for online access here.