76th World Health Assembly21-31 May, 2023
The 76th World Health Assembly will take place from 21-30th May, 2023 at the United Nations Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. While climate change is not on the agenda, the health and climate community are working to raise the political profile of the links between human health and climate change. Events and advocacy will be ongoing throughout the session.
Side events at WHA76 on climate change, environment, and health
This list will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Monday 22nd May, 12:30-14:00 – Climate Change: Health leadership for the greatest threat of our times, hosted by the UK, with Netherlands, the World Bank, and the COP28 Presidency. Salle de la Presse event room (above Jardin des Penthes restaurant).
- Wednesday 24th May, lunchtime – WHO strategic dialogue on climate and health.
- Wednesday 24th May, time TBA – Side event on the Pandemic Treaty and Climate Change, hosted by the Geneva Health Forum.
- Thursday 25th May: Climate-health financing platform side-event, organized by Malaria No More, Clinton Health Access Initiative and Reaching the Last Mile on a climate-health financing platform, details TBA.
- Date TBA: Climate-health roundtable for African ministers, hosted by Kenya.
Proposed resolution at WHA77
Together with partners, the GCHA is supporting the process towards the negotiation and adoption of a resolution on climate change and health at WHA77 in 2024. An ambitious concept note outlining key elements of a possible resolution has been developed.