The Youth Climate and Health Network is a space for young people between the ages of 18 and 35 who care about the planet and people, and who are ready to drive meaningful change for global climate justice and health. Our goal is to create a platform that facilitates solidarity, care, and collective action from a health and climate justice perspective. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including those with non-health backgrounds, as we recognise that health justice is a collective issue
As a member of the YCHN, you will have the opportunity to…
- Join the YCHN Slack space and collaborate with other young people working at the intersection of climate justice and health
- Join bi-monthly network meetings to keep up to date with network activities
- Propose ideas for events, campaigns or new resources; Make use of resources produced by the Network and to join activities organized by the Network.
- Use the Youth Climate and Health Network’s logo on their website to indicate membership in the Network, and on published materials that are in line with the Network’s principles as stated in the Doha declaration (logo alongside language as follows, “[organization] is a member of the Youth Climate and Health Network”); please contact us if uncertain.
To join the YCHN as an organization, we ask that you…
- Endorse the The Doha Declaration on Climate, Health and Wellbeing
- Confirm that you do not take money from fossil fuel companies, tobacco companies, or weapons companies
- Agree to the following network participation norms:
- We will treat each other with respect, care and patience
- We will strive to work in the spirit of solidarity, inclusivity, and collaboration
- We will be open to shared and reciprocal learning
- We will work to recognize positionality, global power structures and cultural differences, knowing people will have different perspectives and experiences
- We will be ready to offer and receive support from/to other network members
- We will bring curiosity and patience when facing challenges with each other
- We will do our best to communicate clearly, especially when it comes to expectations about shared work
- We will be gentle with ourselves and each other
- Nominate a liaison to serve as point person for communications with the Network secretariat.
- Send you organization’s logo by email for inclusion on the Network website’s list of members and on published materials which list the organizational members of the Network.
To apply for membership in the Youth Climate and Health Network as an organization, please complete and submit this form. If you have additional questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
**This form is for organizational membership. If you are applying as an individual, please complete this form.