The Youth Climate and Health Network is a space for young people between the ages of 18 and 35 who care about the planet and people, and who are ready to drive meaningful change for global climate justice and health. Our goal is to create a platform that facilitates solidarity, care, and collective action from a health and climate justice perspective. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including those with non-health backgrounds, as we recognise that health justice is a collective issue
As a member of the YCHN, you will have the opportunity to…
- Join the YCHN Slack space and collaborate with other young people working at the intersection of climate justice and health
- Join bi-monthly network meetings to keep up to date with network activities
- Propose ideas for events, campaigns or new resources;
- Make use of resources produced by the Network and to join activities organized by the Network.
To join the YCHN, we ask that you…
- Endorse the The Doha Declaration on Climate, Health and Wellbeing ‘Health must be central to climate action’
- Agree to the following network participation norms:
- We will treat each other with respect, care and patience
- We will strive to work in the spirit of solidarity, inclusivity, and collaboration
- We will be open to shared and reciprocal learning
- We will work to recognize positionality, global power structures and cultural differences, knowing people will have different perspectives and experiences
- We will be ready to offer and receive support from/to other network members
- We will bring curiosity and patience when facing challenges with each other
- We will do our best to communicate clearly, especially when it comes to expectations about shared work
- We will be gentle with ourselves and each other
To apply to become a member of the YCHN, please complete and submit the form below. If you have additional questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
**This form is for individual membership. If you would like to join as an organization, please use the form on this page.